If you’ve ever found yourself wondering about the perfect accompaniments to a plate of delicious ravioli, you’re not alone. Ravioli is a versatile dish, and choosing the right sides can elevate your dining experience. In this guide, we’ll explore the 15 best side dishes that pair seamlessly with ravioli, turning your meal into a culinary masterpiece.
Table of Contents
What to Serve with Ravioli?
1. Tomato Basil Bruschetta
When it comes to enhancing your ravioli experience, few side dishes rival the classic charm of Tomato Basil Bruschetta. Picture this: ripe tomatoes, fragrant basil, and aromatic garlic come together in a delightful medley, creating a burst of freshness that perfectly complements the rich and savory notes of ravioli. Here’s why this classic Italian appetizer is an excellent choice as a side dish for your next ravioli feast:
- Contrasting Flavors: The vibrant combination of fresh tomatoes, basil, and garlic provides a refreshing and tangy contrast to the savory flavors of the ravioli. Each bite offers a harmonious blend of textures and tastes, creating a well-balanced dining experience.
- Textural Harmony: The bruschetta’s diced tomatoes, aromatic basil, and minced garlic atop a crispy slice of bread add a delightful crunch to your meal. This textural element complements the soft and pillowy nature of ravioli, creating a satisfying balance of crispy and tender.
- Mediterranean Influence: With its Mediterranean roots, Tomato Basil Bruschetta introduces a touch of Mediterranean flair to your ravioli dish. The light and fresh ingredients transport your taste buds to the sunny shores of Italy, enhancing the overall dining experience.
In summary, serving Tomato Basil Bruschetta with ravioli is not just about adding a side dish; it’s about elevating your meal to a new level of culinary delight. The contrasting flavors, textural harmony, and Mediterranean influence make this classic appetizer the perfect companion for a plate of delicious ravioli.
2. Oven-Roasted Vegetables
Elevate your ravioli dining experience by embracing the goodness of Oven-Roasted Vegetables as a side dish. Here’s why this colorful and healthy choice makes a perfect accompaniment to your savory pasta:
- Enhanced Sweetness: The roasting process works its magic on vegetables like bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini, intensifying their natural sweetness. This brings out a delightful caramelization that perfectly complements the savory notes of the ravioli, creating a harmonious balance of flavors.
- Colorful Medley: A medley of oven-roasted vegetables not only adds a burst of color to your plate but also contributes a variety of vitamins and nutrients. The vibrant hues of red, orange, and green create an appealing visual contrast, making your meal not only delicious but visually inviting.
- Flavorful Accompaniment: The combination of oven-roasted vegetables introduces a depth of flavor to your ravioli dish. The slightly charred edges and tender interiors of the vegetables add a satisfying texture, creating a wholesome and flavorful side that enhances the overall dining experience.
In conclusion, serving ravioli with oven-roasted vegetables goes beyond mere nutrition; it’s about creating a visually stunning, flavorful, and well-balanced meal. The enhanced sweetness, colorful medley, and the overall vibrancy of this side dish make it a delightful addition to your ravioli feast, ensuring a dining experience that satisfies both the palate and the eyes.
3. Mushroom Risotto
Immerse yourself in culinary bliss by pairing your ravioli with the creamy richness of Mushroom Risotto. Here’s why this indulgent combination is sure to elevate your dining experience:
- Earthy Flavor Infusion: The earthy and umami-packed flavor of mushrooms takes center stage in this decadent duo. As you savor each bite, the savory essence of the mushrooms intertwines with the delicate taste of the ravioli, creating a symphony of flavors that dances on your palate.
- Velvety Texture Harmony: The velvety and creamy texture of risotto adds a luxurious dimension to your ravioli experience. With each forkful, the smoothness of the risotto complements the soft and pillowy nature of the pasta, creating a mouthfeel that is both comforting and indulgent.
- Craving-Worthy Combination: Once you’ve experienced the marriage of mushroom risotto and ravioli, your taste buds are sure to crave more. The depth of flavors and the satisfying texture make this pairing not just a meal but a memorable gastronomic journey that beckons you to return for another delightful round.
In summary, Mushroom Risotto alongside ravioli isn’t just a meal; it’s a culinary indulgence. The infusion of earthy flavors, the velvety texture, and the irresistible craving it ignites make this combination a true symphony for the senses. Treat yourself to a dining experience that goes beyond the ordinary, where each bite tells a story of decadence and delight.
4. Frico Chips With Zucchini
Elevate your ravioli dining experience by introducing a delightful crunch with Frico Chips adorned with zucchini. Here’s why this unique and tasty side dish is the perfect addition to your meal:
- Crispy Cheese Bliss: Picture thin, lacy cheese crisps achieving the perfect level of crispiness. The Frico chips bring a delightful crunch to your plate, adding a textural element that enhances the overall dining experience. Each bite is a symphony of crispy satisfaction.
- Cheesy Indulgence: The star of this dish is undoubtedly the cheese. As it crisps up during the cooking process, it transforms into golden perfection, offering a rich and savory flavor that pairs beautifully with the ravioli. It’s a cheesy indulgence that amplifies the taste of your pasta.
- Freshness with Zucchini: Amidst the cheesy bliss, the addition of zucchini brings a touch of freshness to the dish. The mild and slightly sweet flavor of zucchini complements the richness of the Frico chips, creating a well-balanced side that adds both crunch and a hint of garden-fresh goodness.
In conclusion, Frico Chips With Zucchini isn’t just a side dish; it’s a symphony of textures and flavors that harmonize with your ravioli. The crispy cheese, the indulgent crunch, and the touch of zucchini freshness create a unique and tasty addition to your meal, ensuring a dining experience that delights your taste buds with every bite.
5. Asparagus Wrapped In Prosciutto
Take your ravioli experience to new heights by introducing the elegance of Asparagus Wrapped In Prosciutto to your plate. Here’s why this savory pairing adds a touch of sophistication to your meal:
- Salty Richness of Prosciutto: The prosciutto brings a salty richness that perfectly complements the delicate flavors of the ravioli. Each slice of this Italian cured meat adds a savory depth that tantalizes the taste buds, creating a harmonious balance with the pasta’s richness.
- Freshness of Asparagus: Nestled within the prosciutto is the vibrant freshness of asparagus. The crisp and slightly sweet nature of asparagus provides a refreshing counterpoint to the saltiness of the prosciutto. Together, they form a dynamic duo that elevates the overall taste profile of your meal.
- Savory and Elegant Pairing: The combination of prosciutto-wrapped asparagus is more than a side dish; it’s a savory and elegant pairing that adds a touch of sophistication to your plate. The visual appeal of the neatly wrapped asparagus bundles enhances the overall dining experience, making it a feast for both the eyes and the palate.
In summary, Asparagus Wrapped In Prosciutto isn’t just a side; it’s a culinary masterpiece that brings together the richness of prosciutto and the freshness of asparagus. The salty-sweet symphony and the visual allure make this pairing a sophisticated addition to your ravioli feast, ensuring each bite is a journey of refined flavors and elegant indulgence.
6. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Infuse a touch of the Mediterranean into your ravioli feast by pairing it with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Here’s why this flavorful twist adds a harmonious blend of textures and tastes to your meal:
- Mediterranean Influence: Transport your taste buds to the sun-soaked shores of the Mediterranean with a side of Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. The rich and smoky sweetness of roasted red peppers in the hummus introduces a distinct Mediterranean flavor that complements the pasta’s profile.
- Flavorful Contrast: The sweetness of the roasted red peppers provides a delightful contrast to the savory notes of the ravioli. With each bite, you experience a harmonious blend of textures and tastes, where the creaminess of the hummus meets the pillowy softness of the pasta, creating a flavor symphony that dances on your palate.
- Sensory Delight: Beyond being a side dish, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is a sensory delight. The vibrant color, bold flavor, and smooth texture of the hummus add visual and gustatory appeal to your plate, enhancing the overall dining experience.
In conclusion, serving ravioli with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is a journey of flavors inspired by the Mediterranean. The smoky sweetness, the flavorful contrast, and the sensory delight make this pairing a unique and delightful addition to your meal, turning a simple pasta dish into a culinary adventure that transcends borders.
7. Caprese Salad
Elevate your ravioli experience with the timeless elegance of Caprese Salad. Here’s why this classic combination of fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, and basil drizzled with balsamic glaze is the perfect partner to balance the richness of your pasta:
- Fresh Mozzarella Harmony: The creamy texture and mild flavor of fresh mozzarella provide a velvety counterpoint to the robustness of ravioli. Each bite is a delightful balance of the pasta’s richness and the cheese’s smoothness, creating a culinary symphony that satisfies the palate.
- Ripe Tomatoes Burst: The vibrant burst of flavor from ripe tomatoes in the Caprese Salad adds a refreshing and juicy element to your ravioli plate. The sweet acidity of the tomatoes cuts through the savory notes of the pasta, creating a well-rounded and satisfying taste experience.
- Basil’s Fragrant Kiss: The aromatic basil leaves contribute a fragrant and herbaceous touch, enhancing the overall freshness of the dish. The combination of basil with mozzarella and tomatoes creates a flavor profile that not only complements the ravioli but elevates it to a new level of sophistication.
- Balsamic Glaze Finale: Drizzling the ensemble with balsamic glaze provides the perfect finishing touch. The sweet and tangy glaze ties the flavors together, adding a nuanced complexity that completes the harmony of this classic pairing.
In conclusion, Caprese Salad isn’t just a side dish; it’s a culinary masterpiece that brings a touch of freshness, elegance, and balance to your ravioli feast. The harmony of fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, basil, and balsamic glaze creates a timeless combination that stands the test of culinary trends, ensuring a dining experience that is both classic and extraordinary.
Take your ravioli feast to a whole new level of comfort by pairing it with the velvety goodness of creamy polenta. Here’s why this hearty side dish is the perfect complement to create a satisfying and indulgent dining experience:
- Smooth and Buttery Texture: The star of the show, creamy polenta, boasts a smooth and buttery texture that forms a luxurious backdrop to your ravioli. Each spoonful of this comforting side harmonizes seamlessly with the pasta, creating a mouthfeel that is both indulgent and satisfying.
- Hearty Comfort: Polenta brings a hearty and comforting element to your plate, elevating the overall dining experience. Its rich and substantial nature adds a layer of warmth that complements the heartiness of the ravioli, making every bite a comforting embrace for your taste buds.
- Versatile Pairing: Creamy polenta’s neutral flavor profile makes it a versatile companion to various ravioli styles and sauces. Whether your ravioli is bathed in a robust marinara or adorned with a delicate brown butter sage sauce, polenta adapts, enhancing the overall taste without overpowering the pasta.
In conclusion, serving ravioli with creamy polenta isn’t just about adding a side; it’s about creating a symphony of comfort and indulgence. The smooth and buttery texture, the hearty comfort, and the versatility of this side dish make it a perfect accompaniment, ensuring your ravioli experience is not just a meal but a moment of pure culinary delight.
9. Broccoli Rabe
Infuse your ravioli meal with a burst of bold flavors by introducing Broccoli Rabe to the table. Sautéed with garlic and olive oil, this side dish adds a unique touch of bitterness and nuttiness that pairs exceptionally well with the savory notes of your pasta:
- Bitterness Unleashed: Broccoli Rabe brings a delightful touch of bitterness to your plate, creating a flavor profile that adds depth and complexity to the overall dining experience. The bitterness acts as a counterpoint to the richness of the ravioli, creating a symphony of tastes that dance on your palate.
- Nuttiness in Harmony: The nuttiness of Broccoli Rabe, especially when sautéed to perfection with garlic and olive oil, introduces a savory and aromatic component to the dish. This nutty essence blends seamlessly with the pasta, creating a harmonious fusion that elevates the flavor profile of your ravioli.
- Robust Flavor Elevation: Sautéing Broccoli Rabe with garlic and olive oil not only enhances its flavors but also imparts a robust and savory note to the dish. The combination of these elements adds layers of complexity to your ravioli, transforming it into a culinary masterpiece.
In summary, serving ravioli with Broccoli Rabe isn’t just about adding a side; it’s about embarking on a flavorful journey. The bitterness, nuttiness, and robust flavors of this side dish create a unique and memorable addition to your meal, ensuring that each bite is a celebration of bold tastes and culinary creativity.
10. Caesar Salad
Opt for the timeless elegance of a classic Caesar Salad to accompany your ravioli, and experience a well-balanced and satisfying meal. Here’s why this choice is a perennial favorite:
- Crisp Romaine Lettuce: The crispness of romaine lettuce adds a refreshing and textural contrast to the soft and savory nature of ravioli. Each bite brings a satisfying crunch, enhancing the overall dining experience and creating a delightful interplay of textures.
- Parmesan Cheese Indulgence: The addition of Parmesan cheese introduces a rich and salty element to the salad, providing a savory kick that complements the pasta’s flavors. The umami notes from the cheese enhance the overall taste profile, turning each forkful into a moment of indulgence.
- Tangy Caesar Dressing: The tangy Caesar dressing ties the elements together, bringing a zesty and flavorful punch to the salad. The combination of anchovies, garlic, lemon, and other classic Caesar dressing ingredients adds depth and complexity, creating a well-balanced symphony of tastes.
- Well-Balanced Harmony: The classic Caesar Salad, with its combination of crisp lettuce, Parmesan cheese, and tangy dressing, achieves a well-balanced harmony that perfectly complements the richness of ravioli. It ensures that each bite is not only satisfying but also a delightful journey of flavors.
In conclusion, choosing a Caesar Salad alongside your ravioli isn’t just a classic option; it’s a decision to create a well-rounded and enjoyable meal. The crisp lettuce, indulgent Parmesan, tangy dressing, and overall well-balanced harmony make this pairing a timeless choice that stands the test of culinary trends, ensuring a dining experience that is both satisfying and enduring.
11. Grilled Asparagus
Transform your ravioli experience by introducing the smoky goodness of Grilled Asparagus to your plate. Here’s why this side dish is the perfect flavor enhancer, adding depth to the richness of your pasta:
- Smoky Char Infusion: The grilling process imparts a smoky char to the asparagus, elevating its flavor profile. This smokiness introduces a depth that harmonizes with the savory notes of the ravioli, creating a symphony of tastes that linger on your palate.
- Textural Delight: Grilled asparagus brings a delightful textural contrast to your meal. The slight crispiness from the grill complements the softness of the pasta, providing a satisfying and enjoyable mouthfeel that adds to the overall dining experience.
- Natural Flavor Enhancement: The grilling not only imparts smokiness but also enhances the inherent sweetness of the asparagus. This natural sweetness, coupled with the smoky notes, creates a side dish that not only complements but enhances the richness of your ravioli.
In summary, serving ravioli with Grilled Asparagus isn’t just about adding a side; it’s about introducing a layer of complexity and depth to your meal. The smoky char, textural delight, and natural flavor enhancement make this pairing a delicious addition, ensuring that each bite is a journey of nuanced tastes and culinary satisfaction.
12. Garlic Bread
No ravioli experience is truly complete without the comforting embrace of the iconic Garlic Bread. Here’s why this timeless pairing of crispy bread and savory garlic butter is a match made in culinary heaven, creating a familiar and delightful accompaniment:
- Crispy Bread Perfection: The foundation of garlic bread lies in the crispy perfection of the bread. Each bite offers a satisfying crunch that contrasts beautifully with the soft and pillowy nature of ravioli, creating a textural symphony that pleases the palate.
- Savory Garlic Butter Magic: The real star of the show is the savory garlic butter that adorns every slice of the bread. The infusion of garlic into the butter creates a flavorful spread that adds depth and richness to the overall meal. The buttery goodness melds seamlessly with the pasta, enhancing its savory notes.
- Comforting and Familiar: Garlic bread isn’t just a side dish; it’s a comforting and familiar companion that elevates the entire dining experience. The combination of crispy bread and savory garlic butter is a culinary classic that transcends trends, providing a sense of satisfaction and nostalgia with every bite.
In conclusion, serving ravioli with Garlic Bread isn’t just a choice; it’s a declaration of culinary delight. The crispy perfection, savory garlic butter magic, and the comforting familiarity of this side dish make it an indispensable part of your ravioli feast, ensuring that each bite is a reminder of the simple joys of good food.
13. Cipollini Onions
Elevate the taste of your ravioli with the sweet and caramelized goodness of sautéed Cipollini Onions. Here’s why these charming little onions make a delightful addition, bringing a touch of sweetness to every bite:
- Sweet and Caramelized Flavor: Sautéing Cipollini Onions unlocks their inherent sweetness and transforms them into caramelized gems. This sweet and savory combination enhances the overall taste of your ravioli, creating a nuanced flavor profile that adds depth to each mouthful.
- Charming Size: The small size of Cipollini Onions is not just practical but also charming. Their petite nature ensures that each bite of ravioli is adorned with a burst of sweet flavor, providing a delightful contrast to the savory notes of the pasta.
- Versatile Enhancement: Cipollini Onions are a versatile addition that complements various ravioli styles and sauces. Whether your pasta is bathed in a rich tomato sauce or adorned with a delicate herb-infused oil, these sweet onions adapt, enhancing the overall taste without overpowering the dish.
In summary, serving ravioli with sautéed Cipollini Onions isn’t just about adding a side; it’s about introducing sweet elegance to your meal. The sweet and caramelized flavor, charming size, and versatile enhancement make these onions a delightful addition, ensuring that each bite of your ravioli is a journey of nuanced tastes and culinary sophistication.
14. Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Indulge in the luxurious goodness of spinach and artichoke dip as the perfect accompaniment to your ravioli. Here’s why this creamy and cheesy dip adds a burst of flavor and a touch of decadence, creating a delightful contrast to the pasta:
- Creamy and Indulgent Texture: The richness of the spinach and artichoke dip introduces a creamy and indulgent texture that elevates the overall dining experience. Each dip-coated bite of ravioli becomes a luxurious journey, with the velvety smoothness of the dip enhancing the pasta’s pillowy softness.
- Cheesy Burst of Flavor: The marriage of spinach, artichoke, and cheese creates a burst of flavor that harmonizes with the savory notes of the ravioli. The cheesy goodness provides a satisfying contrast to the pasta, ensuring that each mouthful is a symphony of tastes that dance on your palate.
- Delightful Contrast: Serving ravioli with spinach and artichoke dip isn’t just about adding a side; it’s about creating a delightful contrast. The dip’s richness complements the pasta’s simplicity, turning your meal into a balanced and indulgent affair that satisfies both the craving for comfort and the desire for bold flavors.
In conclusion, spinach and artichoke dip isn’t just a side; it’s a culinary indulgence that transforms your ravioli into a luxurious feast. The creamy texture, cheesy burst of flavor, and delightful contrast make this pairing a delightful addition to your meal, ensuring that each bite is a celebration of decadence and culinary pleasure.
15. Italian Bread
Wrap up your ravioli feast on a satisfying note with a side of Italian bread. The crusty exterior and soft interior of the bread serve as the ideal companion, ensuring that every drop of flavor is savored to the last bite:
- Crusty Exterior, Soft Interior: The beauty of Italian bread lies in its perfect contrast of a crispy crust and a soft interior. Each bite offers a delightful crunch, followed by the comforting pillowy softness within. This textural experience enhances the overall satisfaction of your ravioli meal.
- Versatile Sauce Absorption: Italian bread is not just a side; it’s a versatile tool for ensuring no flavor goes to waste. The crusty exterior is excellent for scooping up any remaining sauce on your plate, allowing you to savor every bit of the rich flavors from your ravioli.
- Completing the Feast: Serving ravioli with Italian bread isn’t merely a formality; it’s the final touch that completes your feast. The bread’s ability to complement the pasta, absorb flavorful sauces, and add a textural dimension ensures that your meal is a well-rounded and satisfying culinary experience.
In summary, Italian bread isn’t just a side; it’s the perfect finale for your ravioli feast. The contrast of textures, the versatile sauce absorption, and the role it plays in completing the meal make it an essential addition, ensuring that your ravioli dining experience is not just a meal but a celebration of flavors, textures, and culinary satisfaction.
What sauce to serve with ravioli?
Choosing the right sauce for your ravioli can significantly enhance the overall dining experience. The type of sauce you select can complement the flavor of the pasta and any accompanying ingredients. Here are some classic and delightful sauce options to serve with ravioli:
- A timeless favorite, marinara sauce is made with tomatoes, garlic, onions, and herbs.
- Its vibrant and tangy flavor pairs well with various types of ravioli, especially those filled with ricotta or meat.
- Creamy Alfredo sauce, featuring butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese, adds a rich and indulgent touch.
- This sauce is an excellent choice for cheese-filled ravioli, creating a luscious and comforting combination.
- Pesto, made from fresh basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and olive oil, offers a vibrant and herbaceous flavor.
- It pairs wonderfully with spinach or ricotta-filled ravioli, creating a fresh and aromatic combination.
Brown Butter Sage Sauce:
- This sauce involves browning butter until it reaches a nutty flavor, then adding sage leaves for a fragrant twist.
- Brown butter sage sauce complements the earthy flavors of mushroom or pumpkin-filled ravioli.
- For those who enjoy a bit of heat, arrabbiata sauce, featuring tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes, adds a spicy kick.
- It pairs well with various ravioli types, adding a bold and zesty element to the dish.
Tomato and Basil Sauce:
- A simple yet flavorful choice, tomato and basil sauce celebrates the freshness of tomatoes and the aromatic quality of basil.
- This classic combination works well with a variety of ravioli fillings, letting the pasta flavors shine.
Mushroom Cream Sauce:
- Creamy mushroom sauce, with sautéed mushrooms, garlic, and cream, provides a luxurious and savory touch.
- It pairs excellently with meat-filled ravioli, creating a decadent and hearty dish.
Ultimately, the best sauce for your ravioli depends on your personal preferences and the type of filling in the pasta. Feel free to experiment and discover your favorite pairing to elevate your ravioli dining experience.
In conclusion, the key to a memorable ravioli meal lies in the selection of the perfect side dish. Whether you opt for the freshness of bruschetta, the richness of mushroom risotto, or the crispiness of frico chips, each side on this list brings its own unique flair to the table. Experiment with different combinations to find your personal favorite and elevate your ravioli experience to new heights. Cheers to delightful dining!
Answers To Yours Questions
What is ravioli usually served with?
When it comes to serving ravioli, the choice of accompaniments can greatly enhance the dining experience. Here are some popular pairings:
- Marinara Sauce: A classic tomato-based sauce with garlic and herbs.
- Alfredo Sauce: A creamy and indulgent option made with butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
- Pesto Sauce: A vibrant choice made with fresh basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic, and olive oil.
- Parmesan Cheese: Grated Parmesan adds a savory and salty element.
- Fresh Herbs: Sprinkle with chopped basil, parsley, or thyme for a burst of freshness.
- Italian Bread: Crusty on the outside and soft inside, perfect for soaking up any remaining sauce.
- Salads: A crisp Caesar or Caprese salad can provide a refreshing contrast.
What do Italians eat ravioli with?
Italians often enjoy ravioli with traditional and flavorful accompaniments. Here are some popular choices:
- Butter and Sage: Sautéed sage leaves in brown butter for a fragrant and nutty flavor.
- Tomato and Basil Sauce: Celebrating the freshness of tomatoes and aromatic basil.
- Parmesan Cheese: Grated Parmesan is a staple topping for added richness.
- Bread: Italian bread or a rustic loaf complements the meal.
- Pesto Genovese: Hailing from Genoa, this basil-rich pesto is a favorite in Northern Italy.
- Ragù: A hearty meat sauce, often enjoyed in central and southern regions.
What do you put with ravioli?
To enhance the flavors and textures of ravioli, consider these complementary elements:
- Creamy Options: Alfredo or mushroom cream sauce for a luxurious touch.
- Spicy Twist: Arrabbiata sauce with red pepper flakes for those who enjoy a bit of heat.
- Toasted Nuts: Crushed pine nuts or walnuts for added crunch and richness.
- Fresh Herbs: Chopped basil, parsley, or chives for a burst of freshness.
- Grilled Vegetables: Asparagus, zucchini, or bell peppers for a flavorful vegetable side.
- Protein: Grilled chicken, shrimp, or sausage can add a protein boost.
What to serve with ravioli for dinner?
Creating a balanced and satisfying dinner with ravioli involves thoughtful pairings:
- Roasted Vegetables: Oven-roasted bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini.
- Sautéed Greens: Spinach or broccoli rabe for a nutritious addition.
- Grilled Chicken: Seasoned and grilled chicken breast or thighs.
- Seafood: Shrimp or scallops for a lighter and seafood-infused meal.
- Caprese Salad: Fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil with a balsamic glaze.
- Caesar Salad: Crisp romaine lettuce, Parmesan, and Caesar dressing for a classic side.
What vegetables go good with ravioli?
Pairing ravioli with complementary vegetables can enhance the overall taste experience. Consider the following options:
- Spinach: Sautéed spinach adds a mild and nutritious green element.
- Arugula: A peppery and flavorful option that pairs well with various fillings.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Bursting with sweetness and vibrant color.
- Bell Peppers: Roasted or sautéed bell peppers for a colorful addition.
- Mushrooms: Sautéed mushrooms, such as cremini or shiitake, for an earthy note.
- Asparagus: Grilled or roasted asparagus for a fresh and crisp touch.
What protein to serve with ravioli?
Adding protein to your ravioli dish can turn it into a heartier and more satisfying meal. Consider these protein options:
- Grilled Chicken Breast: Seasoned with herbs and spices.
- Chicken Sausage: Sliced and sautéed for a flavorful twist.
- Shrimp: Grilled or sautéed shrimp for a light and seafood-infused option.